Mark your calendars for next year! Cantabile will be June 11-14, 2020!
The website will be updated for 2020 very soon. Below is last year’s Cantabile information. The schedule will be very similar. See you soon!
A Musicians for Church Choirs Directors and Singers
You will have the opportunity to experience:
- Singing and examining 25+ anthems for choirs of all ages, for all seasons of the church year.
- Singing to explore vocal and choral techniques.
- Singing to encourage each other by sharing ideas.
- Singing to earn 15 hours of continuing education.
- Singing to the GLORY of God and giving THANKS for God’s gift of music.
Guest Clinician: Gary Walth
Serving as the Director of Choral Music Studies at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse for 24 years, Gary Walth retired in June of 2017. He earned a Bachelor of Music degree from Concordia College, Moorhead, Minnesota and both a Masters and Doctorate in Choral Conducting from the Conservatory of Music at the University of Missouri-Kansas City. Dr. Walth is a published composer and arranger, and the author of “Jazz Warm-ups and Vocalises” and “Warm-Up!”.
Gary maintains an active career as a guest conductor, clinician and commissioned composer. His guest conducting has provided opportunities to conduct choirs throughout the U.S. and Canada, France, Germany, Scotland, England and most recently in Kenya. Dr. Walth has served as a church choir director and praise band leader for 27 years.
His contemporary liturgy, “Filled With The Spirit” is used at several churches in the Midwest. Since retirement he teaches private voice and serves as the accompanist at Hill-Murray School in Maplewood, MN. He continues to compose and arrange music in many genres including vocal jazz, popular music scores, and a musical.
Since, 2006, under the leadership of Kay Hoffland, Rikka Estenson and Rolf Anderson, this workshop has served to meet the needs of church choir directors in their search for quality choral music.
Rikka Estenson and Rolf Anderson are the facilitators of this 4 day workshop. They are music educators with degrees from Concordia College in Moorhead, MN. Rolf has a masters degree from Millikin University in Decatur, IL where he studied under Richard Hoffland. Rikka and Rolf have experience in directing and teaching ranging in ages from preschool through adult choirs, both school and church. They are frequent clinicians at state music festivals.
♪ My choir looks forward to music that I bring back from Mount Carmel.
♪ Good balance of sessions and free time. Not rushed at all which is refreshing.
♪ I appreciate the high quality of music and variety of styles and difficulty levels.
1. Workshop Fee
Register by May 1st and receive $20 off your workshop fee.
- Before May 1st, 2019 – $170
- After May 1st, 2019 – $190
2. Housing & Meal Rates (all inclusive):
Rates include housing, linens, and eight meals.
Single occupancy Request Adds 20% to Cost.
- Lodge Room – $265 per person
- New Cabin – $245 per person
- Remodeled Cabin – $220 per person
- Traditional Cabin – $195 per person
- RV/Camper Site – $175 per person
- Tent Site – $150 per person
- Commuter (meals only) – $78 per person