Welcome to Mount Carmel Ministries!
Mount Carmel’s Response to the COVID-19 Epidemic
We had a wonderful summer of ministry at Mount Carmel in 2020 in spite of the COVID pandemic. We followed the Minnesota State guidelines, we did many more things outdoors, but we were able to continue with most of our normal activities. Attendance for Family Camp was very good – down about 30% – but, under the circumstances, very good.
Now in 2021 we are expecting a much larger crowd for Family Camp. Here are the highlights of how we will respond to the pandemic in 2021:
1. We are starting worship at Mount Carmel on Memorial Day weekend – Sunday, May 30, at 9:00 and 10:30 AM. The State of Minnesota’s guidance for worship expires on May 27. Right now, the state has not indicated if any requirements for worship will be in effect after that date. We will adjust our plans for worship based on the requirements from the State of Minnesota.
2. NOTE: Sunday worship will be outdoors unless it is too wet or too windy. Please dress appropriately. If it is raining we will be worshipping in the chapel.
3. Last year we had a policy of singing when we were outside, but not when we were inside. In 2021 we plan to sing both outside and inside.
4. The State of Minnesota has removed the requirement of wearing masks in public places. We will not be requiring people to wear masks anywhere at Mount Carmel.
5. We will be serving meals and eating in our dining room. There will be picnic tables available for those wanting to eat outdoors.
6. We do not plan on doing temperature checks in 2021. We continue to ask that people who are sick not come to Mount Carmel or, if they are here, that they stay away from other people as much as possible.
7. We have recommended but not required that our year-round staff and our summer staff be vaccinated against COVID-19.
8. We will try to accommodate those who want to be more careful in avoiding exposure to COVID-19. When we are in the chapel it is possible to sit in the narthex, separated from the rest of the people. It will be possible to eat meals in your cabins on those days when it’s not possible to eat outdoors.
9. We realize that some people will be uncomfortable coming to Mount Carmel because of the risk of being exposed to COVID-19 here. We are giving full refunds to anyone who chooses to not come because they do not feel safe being here. Please let us know as soon as possible if you are signed up but have decided not to come.
10. We will modify our policies based on government requirements. We will keep you informed of changes on Facebook, through the website, and through emails.