Note: Our Christian faith is a important value for us as we serve and work in this Christian community environment. Please refer to our Statement of Faith to better understand our calling and mission, and how it might impact your working with us. All hires are subject to criminal background checks.
Current Year Round or Part-Time Staff Openings
We are currently looking for a shared Facilities Director, sharing with Luther Crest Camp next door, that will oversee the Building & Grounds of each site.
We are currently looking for a Retreat Manager who will oversee and manage rental groups, retreats, programmed ministry and special events year-round. This person will relate to and host guests participating in retreats and assist with regular summer programming administrative needs and office support.
Seasonal Kitchen Positions
We may have seasonal employment opportunities in the kitchen. You may mail or email completed applications to address listed in the application. Includes Lead Cooks, Assistant Cooks, and Kitchen Assistants (food prep, dishes, serving). See listing below:
2019 Summer Kitchen Positions
Summer Staff in Training
For those who are 16-18 years old, not old enough to serve full-time on our Summer Staff, we offer our Staff-in-Training option. We invite you to come and spend one week working alongside our full time Summer Staff (from Saturday afternoon until late Friday evening) during the summer to learn what it Is like to work as a staff member. Perhaps you are considering serving for the whole summer in the future, this is a great way to test it out. We will work with you to determine if this is a good program for you and what the best week might be for you to attend.
Summer Staff – (Youth Staff / Counselors)
Is God calling you in a special way to serve Him this summer through outdoor ministry? Mount Carmel calls 20-25 college age youth to Christian service each summer (mid-June through late August). These Summer Staff members have an opportunity to develop their own gifts, leadership skills, and faith while growing with others in a close Christian community. Free room and board along with a stipend, Summer Staff help teach youth, lead devotions and worship, organize games, wash dishes, clean cabins, life guard, and mentor other youth in the context of a family camp – with parents, grandparents, even aunts and uncles, or cousins. It’s family camp!
The follow steps must be taken in order to be considered for a summer staff position at Mount Carmel. All hires are subject to a criminal background check prior to employment. Application deadline is December 15th for new applicants. The applications and deadlines may vary by year. Call or email Jonathan for the latest information.
For Returning Summer Staff
- Download the Mount Carmel Ministries Returning Summer Staff. If you have problems downloading or filling out the form, email Jonathan Swenson at Jonathan@MountCarmelMinistries.com.
- Complete the application and email to Jonathan@MountCarmelMinistries.com.
- We must receive all applications by December 15th.
- Once your application is received and reviewed you will be contacted by phone with information about next steps.
For New Summer Staff
- Download the Mount Carmel Ministries New Summer Staff Application and Summer Staff Reference Forms. Email Jonathan Swenson at Jonathan@MountCarmelMinistries.com if problems with form.
- Read, complete, and email completed application to Jonathan@MountCarmelMinistries.com.
- We must receive all applications by December 15.
- Send the Summer Staff Reference Forms to THREE people you know well and who could give an objective assessment.
Examples of good references are:
- Previous employers
- Pastors or youth directors
- Ministry leaders under whom you have volunteered
- Teachers/professors/adults involved in a student organization you belong to (especially if they have seen you in a leadership role)
- If you have worked at another outdoor ministry, you must include your former employer or immediate supervisor as a reference.
Be sure to tell each person to email the completed reference by January 15th to
Jonathan@MountCarmelMinistries.com . or mail to Mount Carmel Ministries, P.O. Box 579, Alexandria, MN 56308.
Once your application is received and reviewed we may set up a SKYPE interview for potential candidates. If you don’t have a Skype account they are free and easy to set up (or you can usually borrow a friend’s).
Thank you for your interest in Mount Carmel. Bless you as we discern God’s calling for you.