We have places open on our summer staff! Apply today!
Discipleship Staff – (Youth Staff / Counselors)
Is God calling you to serve Him through outdoor ministry? Mount Carmel Ministries is a place of rest, renewal, and recreation where people experience Jesus. Every summer Mount Carmel calls 30 college-aged young adults to serve our family camp guests. Serving at Mount Carmel is a discipleship experience in which staff gets to try on leadership, live out their faith, develop a servant’s heart, grow in their knowledge of the Bible, and develop a close Christian community. Summer staff attend daily devotions, teach and develop youth programming, lead worship, organize games, wash dishes, clean cabins, lifeguard, and partner with families in prayer and support. Mount Carmel is unique in its intergenerational approach to camp, serving guests ranging from infant to elder concurrently while providing tailored programming to each group. Due to the nature of Mount Carmel’s family ministry, those who serve on staff avoid the nagging responsibilities of youth camper management and focus entirely on building relationships and digging into the Bible with youth.
Mount Carmel celebrates Christians around the world who proclaim Jesus. We invite international Christians to come and join us in our mission to be a place where people experience Jesus through rest, renewal, and recreation and to lift up our ministry with special perspectives from those abroad. We help those interested in Mount Carmel discern their call and provide transportation to Mount Carmel.
The following steps must be taken in order to be considered for a summer staff position at Mount Carmel. All hires are subject to a criminal background check prior to employment. The applications and deadlines may vary by year.
Call or email our program director, David Blackstad, for the latest information: email@example.com, (320) 846-2744.
For Returning Summer Staff
- Fill out the Returning Staff application.
- We are working hard toward filling the staff for the summer, please fill out your application as soon as possible.
(If you have circumstances that prevent you from turning this application in on time, please let us know so we can work with you.)
- Once your application is received and reviewed you will be contacted by phone with information about the next steps.
For New Summer Staff
- Previous employers
- Pastors or youth directors
- Ministry leaders under whom you have volunteered
- Peers who you have served with
- Teachers/professors/adults involved in a student organization you belong to (especially if they have seen you in a leadership role)
- If you have worked at another outdoor ministry, you must include your former employer or immediate supervisor as a reference
Be sure to tell each person to email the completed reference at your earliest convenience to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to:
Mount Carmel Ministries
Attn: Program Director
800 Mount Carmel Drive
Alexandria, MN 56308
Once your application is received and reviewed we may set up a video call interview for potential candidates.
Thank you for your interest in Mount Carmel. We bless you as we discern God’s calling for you.