All hires are subject to background checks. A Christian faith is important value as we serve and work in an Christian community environment. See our Statement of Faith.
Current Year Round or Part-Time Staff Openings
PartTime Building Grounds Worker February 2018
Seasonal Kitchen Position Application
We may have seasonal employment opportunities in the kitchen. You may mail or email completed applications to address listed in the application. Includes Lead Cooks, Assistant Cooks, and Kitchen Assistants (food prep, dishes, serving).
Summer Staff – (Youth Staff / Counselors)
Is God calling you in a special way to serve Him this summer through outdoor ministry? Mount Carmel calls 20-25 college age youth to Christian service each summer (mid-June through late August). These Summer Staff members have an opportunity to develop their own gifts, leadership skills, and faith while growing with others in a close Christian community. Free room and board along with a stipend, Summer Staff help teach youth, lead devotions and worship, organize games, wash dishes, clean cabins, life guard, and mentor other youth in the context of a family camp – with parents, grandparents, even aunts and uncles, or cousins. It’s family camp!
The follow steps must be taken in order to be considered for a summer staff position at Mount Carmel. All hires are subject to a criminal background check prior to employment. Application deadline is December 15th for new applicants.
For Returning Summer Staff
- Download the Mount Carmel Ministries Returning Summer Staff. If you have problems downloading or filling out the form, email Jonathan Swenson at Jonathan@MountCarmelMinistries.com.
- Complete the application and email to Jonathan@MountCarmelMinistries.com.
- We must receive all applications by December 15th.
- Once your application is received and reviewed you will be contacted by phone with information about next steps.
For New Summer Staff
- Download the Mount Carmel Ministries New Summer Staff Application and Summer Staff Reference Forms. Email Jonathan Swenson at Jonathan@MountCarmelMinistries.com if problems with form.
- Read, complete, and email completed application to Jonathan@MountCarmelMinistries.com.
- We must receive all applications by December 15.
- Send the Summer Staff Reference Forms to THREE people you know well and who could give an objective assessment.
Examples of good references are:
- Previous employers
- Pastors or youth directors
- Ministry leaders under whom you have volunteered
- Teachers/professors/adults involved in a student organization you belong to (especially if they have seen you in a leadership role)
- If you have worked at another outdoor ministry, you must include your former employer or immediate supervisor as a reference.
Be sure to tell each person to email the completed reference by January 15th to
Jonathan@MountCarmelMinistries.com . or mail to Mount Carmel Ministries, P.O. Box 579, Alexandria, MN 56308.
Once your application is received and reviewed we may set up a SKYPE interview for potential candidates. If you don’t have a Skype account they are free and easy to set up (or you can usually borrow a friend’s).
Thank you for your interest in Mount Carmel. Bless you as we discern God’s calling for you.