Welcome to Mount Carmel Ministries!
Donors who give $250 or more in a calendar year to support Mount Carmel Ministries are called Proclaimers. Proclaimers become voting members of this ministry and can take part in the Annual Meeting held onsite each summer the first weekend in August. As a Proclaimer, you receive regular ministry updates through a special newsletter called the Proclaimer’s Voice.
Members of the the Board of Trustees are elected by active Proclaimers and provide direction and governance for the ministry. Through their faithful support the ministry has grown and continues to hold forth the Gospel of Jesus Christ through camp weeks, retreats, worship, and the Daily Texts. The camp motto is “Jesus Only,” going back to its founding in 1938 by the Lutheran Bible Institute of Minneapolis. Now independent, Mount Carmel continues to serve generations of families, individuals, and others hungry to share in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
There are a number of ways you can give:
• Annual Fund Donations – helps provide resources for ministry and facilities
• Worship Offering – helps us provide worship services locally in the summer
• Memorials/In Honor of – honors loved ones and support this ministry
• Memorial Stones – A $2000 donation places engraved stones in the Miller Prayer Garden to honor loved ones.
• Camper Scholarships – help families to pay the cost of coming to camp and hearing God’s Word
• Thrivent Choice Dollars – further this ministry by gifts through Thrivent
• Thrivent Action Team Dollars – provide $250 for volunteer activities for camp
• Estate Gifts/Planned Giving – Support the ministry by including us in your will or investments
• Campaign Gifts – Support the debt reduction campaign to help reduce chapel debt
• Endowment Fund – help grow this new fund to serve the camp for years to come